Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Busy Day of Running

Lots of running stuff happening. Yesterday was the start of the Reebok Marathon and Half Marathon Training Program for the Wirefly National Marathon on March 29, 2008, which is a must-do marathon. Reebok's training program is "powered by" my running club, and I am directing the half-marathon portion of it, operating out of the Gotta Run running store in Arlington. Four coaches took seven runners out on a 10K run in about an hour in South Arlington yesterday. You can sign up for the training program on the race website. I am very excited about this, as all of the program coaches will receive the opportunity to get coaching certification out of it.

(Left: Almost there! Approaching the bridge over Leesburg Pike WB on the W&OD. Right over the hump of the bridge is MP 7. 200 feet further and you'll be passing by my house.) This morning I ran 15 miles on the W&OD in 2:08:32 (8:38) in cold and rainy conditions. Along the way I did my eight on date eight (actually the date was the ninth) in 1:07:27 (8:26) and I completed my virtual Blue and Gray Half-Marathon run, actually held in Fredericksburg, in 1:51:51 (8:32). Jeanne and Susie and David, Susie's husband, actually ran the race in Fredericksburg. Susie achieved her excellent time of last year, David broke two hours (congratulations to him!) and Not Born To Run PRed! I'll let her tell you all about it when she posts about it, at this very moment she is limping back to DC in a car without a muffler. She called me from the road and asked if I could hear her muffler, or lack of it, over her cellphone. Naw, I said, I could hear it before you called.

NBTR reports that she called Bex after the B&GHM and Bex answered on her cellphone and reported she was at that moment at MP 11 in the Honolulu Marathon, slogging through a heavy rain on her 26 mile "training run."

10 comments:

David said...

Times were commendable. Weather sucked.
The way Jeanne drove her car around Baltimore last weekend I am not surprised that her muffler fell off.

Don said...

Cold and rainy slows ya down - nice times! I'm green :-)

Nancy said...

Thanks for joining us!!!! Hope you enjoyed it. Race Results will be up tomorrow.

:D

Unknown said...

The weather was terrible here today! Very cold and everything was covered in ice. It sure is hard to think about spring runs when it is like this outside.

home fitness

jeanne said...

ha ha ha ha you and david are funny.

we all done GREAT today!

i'm not surprised you could hear that car all the way up I-95...what?? what's that you say??

I can't hear so good.

Rainmaker said...

I wish I could do National again, but it conflicts with a major tri out in Cali. :(

Dori said...

You are a busy man! Good job on your 15 miler. That's great about the coaching certification. You have a lot to offer as a coach.

DawnB said...

you totally rock with your runs this weekend nice job.

Susan said...

It seems that you are keeping all of DC on their toes in the running world! Good stuff.

Rhea said...

Thanks for the shout-out. And how cool that you get coaching certification from heading up the National Half-Marathon training group.